Terms and Conditions
Kroger Visa® Prepaid Debit Card with 1-2-3 Rewards® Cardholder Agreement
This Kroger Visa Prepaid Debit Card with 1-2-3 Rewards Cardholder Agreement ("Agreement") sets forth the terms and conditions of your Kroger Visa Prepaid Debit Card, which includes both the temporary Visa Prepaid Debit Card that you purchased at a Kroger Family of Stores location ("Temporary Card"), as well as the personalized version of your Visa Prepaid Debit Card ("Personalized Card"). Please read this Agreement carefully and keep it for your records. Your Temporary Card and/or Personalized Card (collectively "Card") are national bank products issued by RBS Citizens, N.A. being sold by its authorized Sales Agents, The Kroger Co. and Kroger Family of Stores locations. In this Agreement, the words "you" and "your" mean the individual who purchased a Temporary Card or to whom we issue a Personalized Card. "We," "us" and "our" mean RBS Citizens, N.A., the issuer of the Visa Prepaid Debit Card. "Our Mail Address" means PO Box 7239, Sioux Falls, South Dakota, 57117-7239. The 1-2-3 Rewards program (the "Rewards Program") is a benefit of the Card and is provided by The Kroger Co. The Card, including the 1-2-3 Rewards Program features described in this Agreement, are sometimes referred to herein as the "Card Program." A "transaction" means any use of the Card to make a purchase, pay a bill online, redeem rewards, transfer funds, obtain cash, load, or reload. For purposes of this Agreement, the term "Inactive" means that there have been no transactions on the Card as defined herein. THIS IS NOT A GIFT CARD.
1. Your Agreement. By activating, using, or allowing another person to use the Temporary Card or your Personalized Card, you agree that you are at least 18 years of age and agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, do not use your Visa Prepaid Debit Card, save your receipt, and cancel the Card by calling us toll-free at 1-866-265-8419. Upon cancellation of your unused and un-activated Card, we will refund the value on the Card by check and not deduct any fees.
2. Description of the Visa Prepaid Debit Card. The Visa Prepaid Debit Card is a prepaid card useable wherever Visa prepaid debit cards are accepted. The Card is not a device that accesses money in an individual checking or savings account. When you use your Card, you are redeeming the value on the Card and not making a withdrawal from a checking or savings account. The Visa Prepaid Debit Card is NOT an interest-bearing bank deposit account, debit card, or a charge card that allows you to make purchases or obtain advances and pay later. The funds you have loaded on your Temporary Card are not insured for your benefit by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation ("FDIC") or any state or federal agency; however, the funds loaded onto your Personalized Card are insured for your benefit by the FDIC as set forth hereinbelow. You will not receive any interest on your funds on the Card. With the Personalized Card, you can withdraw cash from certain eligible ATMs (no ATM cash withdrawals permitted on a Temporary Card). Visit www.KPFprepaid.com for participating ATM networks. The Card is our property and is nontransferable. We may revoke the Card at any time without cause or notice. You must surrender a revoked Card and you may not use an expired or revoked Card. You are required to notify us promptly if the Card is lost or stolen.
3. Activating Your Temporary Card. The one-time load to a Temporary Card may be made only at a participating Kroger Family Stores location in a minimum amount of $10, and a maximum of $500. A Temporary Card is non-reloadable. You must activate the Temporary Card either by calling us toll-free at 1-866-265-8419 or by going online to www.KPFprepaid.com. You must have your Temporary Card with you when you call to activate. A monthly Inactivity fee of $2 will be assessed on your Temporary Card if your Card is Inactive for 12 months or more. If you have not activated your Temporary Card or have not used all funds on the Card by the "valid thru" date printed on the Card, please contact us toll-free at 1-866-265-8419 for further instructions. After you activate your Temporary Card you should register for your Personalized Card. (See Section 4.) If your registration for a Personalized Card cannot be accepted, you will be notified immediately and, unless otherwise required by law, your Temporary Card will remain active until the funds have been exhausted, or we cancel or suspend your Temporary Card pursuant to this Agreement.
Registering Your Temporary Card for Online Transactions. Prior to using the Temporary Card for online transactions, you must register it by going online to www.KPFprepaid.com or by calling 1-866-265-8419. You must have your Temporary Card when you call to register. We may refuse to register your Temporary Card in our sole discretion.
4. Registering for Your Personalized Card. Call us toll-free at 1-866-265-8419 or visit www.KPFprepaid.com to register for your Personalized Card. To properly validate your identity and confirm that you are at least 18 years of age, you will be asked to provide your:
- Mailing Address
- Date of Birth
- Telephone number and
- Social Security number
You will be notified immediately if we are unable to confirm your identify. If we are unable to confirm your identity, we cannot issue you a Personalized Card. Only one Personalized Card will be issued to a customer.
Why We Ask for Your Personal Information: To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money-laundering activities, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.
5. Activating Your Personalized Card. When you receive your Personalized Card in the mail, you will need to activate it by calling us toll-free at 1-866-265-8419. Once you activate your Personalized Card, you will be required to choose a Personal Identification Number ("PIN"). The amount remaining on the Temporary Card will then be transferred automatically to your Personalized Card, and you will no longer be able to use the Temporary Card. The Card may have a printed expiration date and the Card will expire, in accordance with applicable law, on the expiration date. If your Card account is in good standing and you have available funds on the Card, we will issue you a new Personalized Card upon expiration.
6. Reloading Your Personalized Card. You may reload additional funds onto your Personalized Card after it is successfully activated either by telephone or at our website:
- By a transfer from another Personalized Card ($1,500 maximum daily limit).
- By Direct Deposit from your employer of your salary or wages ($1,500 maximum daily limit).
You may reload your Personalized Card by any of these methods, subject to the limits set forth herein, only up to the combined maximum daily amount of $1,500. At no time may your Card balance exceed $3,000.
Card-to-Card Transfers. You may transfer available funds on your Personalized Card to another Personalized Card by visiting our website at www.KPFprepaid.com or calling us at 1-866-265-8419. The maximum amount you can transfer is $500 per transaction. The maximum daily card-to-card transfer limit is $1,500 per day. The maximum amount you can send in a thirty (30) day period is $6,000. Money that is sent from another Personalized Card to your Personalized Card is automatically credited to your Card provided that such amount would not cause your Card to exceed your balance limit. Funds transferred from a Card-to-Card transfer will be available as soon as you have successfully completed the transfer transaction.
7. Reloading throught Direct Deposit. You may add funds to the Card by authorizing an electronic deposit to your Personalized
Card from your employer, or company you authorize to deposit funds to the Card ("Direct Deposit"). To activate Direct Deposit,
visit www.KPFprepaid.com to print a Direct Deposit enrollment form. You must provide this completed
form to your employer or other authorized company. If your employer does not offer Direct Deposit, you will not be able to add funds via Direct Deposit.
Direct Deposit Reload limits: The minimum reload using a Direct Deposit is $10 and the maximum reload limit is $1,500 per day.
Your employer, or any other company authorized to deposit funds to the Card, may impose certain fees for such ACH transfers to the Card. We do not control and are not responsible for such fees and charges. We reserve the right to impose a reasonable hold period before crediting the Card on Direct Deposits to the Card when permitted by applicable law. To confirm that a transfer has been made, visit www.KPFprepaid.com or call 1-866-265-8419. If a Direct Deposit that you used to add funds to the Card is revoked, reversed or charged back, you agree that we may recover the amount of the revocation, reversal or charge-back by reducing the Card balance for the amount of the revocation or charge-back and any fees incurred by us. Further, we reserve the right to terminate the Card in the event excessive returned Direct Deposit items are processed. To cancel Direct Deposits to your Personalized Card, you must contact your employer or other authorized company.
8. When Value on the Card Is Available. Our policy is to make value that you load to your Temporary Card at the time of purchase available for you to use immediately after you activate the Card by calling us toll-free at 1-866-265-8419 or online at www.KPFprepaid.com. In addition, our policy is to make value transferred to a Personalized Card available for you to use immediately after you call our customer service line at 1-866-265-8419 or visit us online at www.KPFprepaid.com to activate your reload transaction. Direct Deposits added to your Personalized Card are available on the business day when final collected funds are received by us unless a longer time is permitted by applicable law. Funds transferred from a Card-to-Card transfer will be available as soon as you have successfully completed the transfer transaction.
9. Use of the Card. You may use your Visa Prepaid Debit Card for the following transactions:
- To make purchases everywhere Visa Prepaid Debit Cards are accepted (your Personalized Card can be used worldwide, but your Temporary Card cannot be used for transactions outside of the United States and merchants without a swipe terminal cannot honor your Temporary Card). Your Personalized Card may be used to make purchases and to obtain cash back when you make a purchase at any of the participating Kroger Family of Stores or other merchants that accept Visa Prepaid Debit Cards (though some merchants may not provide cash back).
- Your Personalized Card may be used to obtain cash from participating ATMs that accept Visa Prepaid Debit Cards. To make an ATM withdrawal you must use your Personalized Card and PIN. Temporary Cards are not permitted to conduct an ATM transaction.
- An ATM owner or operator may impose a surcharge for your use of the ATM. We are not responsible for such fee. The amount of the surcharge should be disclosed at the ATM. Any such surcharge will be deducted from the balance of the Card, along with the amount of the withdrawal performed at the ATM and the fees that apply in accordance with Section 17.
- Transaction Limits. You may not use your Personalized Card to transact more than:
- $400 per day in ATM cash withdrawals.
- $3,000 per day in signature based purchase transactions.
- $400 per day in PIN based transactions. This $400 limit includes both the purchases that you make at a point of sale, as well as any cash back that you receive when making PIN based transactions.
- For security reasons, there may be additional limits on the amount, number or type of transactions you can make using the Card.
- We may not authorize a transaction using the Card if it exceeds the amount available on the Card.
When a purchase is made using the Card, the balance available on the Card is reduced by the amount of the purchase. If you authorize a transaction and then fail to make a purchase of that item as planned, the approval may result in a hold for that amount of funds for up to ten (10) days. You do not have the right to stop payment on any purchase transaction originated by use of the Card. Some merchants may not accept split transactions, for example, paying part of the purchase with the card and the balance with another form of payment. Neither we, the Kroger Family of Stores, Visa, nor any processor are responsible for any injury to you or to anyone else caused by any goods or services purchased or leased with the Card. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR RESOLVING ALL DISPUTES CONCERNING THE QUALITY OF GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED WITH THE MERCHANT THAT ACCEPTED THE CARD. You have sole responsibility for any charges over and above the available value of the Card. You may not use the Card for any illegal transaction.
10.You may grant authority to a merchant to automatically originate debits to your Personalized Card, and if you have preauthorized such payments that occur at least once every 60 days, you may call us at 1-866-265-8419 to determine whether the transfer occurred. Also, if you have told us in advance to make such preauthorized payments using the Personalized Card, you can stop your authorization with respect to future payments if you have followed the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Here's how: Call us at 1-866-265-8419, or write us at Our Mail Address, in time for us to receive your request three business days or more before the next preauthorized payment is scheduled to be made. If you call, we may also require you to put your request in writing, to provide us with a copy of your notice to the payee revoking the payee's authority to originate debits to the Personalized Card, and get it to us within 14 days after you call. If we do not receive the written confirmation within 14 days, we may honor subsequent debits to your Personalized Card. If these regular payments may vary in amount, the person you are going to pay should tell you the amount they intend to debit the Personalized Card at least 10 days before each payment is made and when it will be made. If you order us to stop one of the payments three business days or more before the transfer is scheduled, and we do not do so, we will be liable for your losses and damages. However, we are not responsible for the amount of any such preauthorized payments, and you must have sufficient funds available on the Personalized Card to allow us to deduct the amount of such payments and the fees associated therewith.
If you intend to use the Personalized Card for recurring transactions or preauthorized payments, you should monitor the Personalized Card balance to make sure it is sufficient to cover the transactions. Because your Personalized Card is prepaid and does not carry a credit line, a merchant that you have authorized to submit recurring transactions may suspend or cancel your service if the Personalized Card does not have enough value when the recurring transaction is submitted. We are not responsible for any authorized, recurring transaction that we receive from a merchant, and we are not responsible for the cancellation of any merchant services or any fees that you incur as a result of a preauthorized or recurring transaction for which the Personalized Card has an insufficient balance to pay for the transaction when it is scheduled to occur.
11. Email and Text Message Alerts. You can sign up for Email or cell phone Text Message Alerts to a domestic cell phone number on your Personalized Card by calling us at 1-866-265-8419 or visiting us online at www.KPFprepaid.com for details and to add this service. There is no charge from us for an Email or Text Message Alert. You may also send us text messages and receive up to five free Text Message Balance Inquiries per calendar month, after which fees will apply. Standard text messaging rates from your phone service provider may apply if you sign up for this service. Thus, receiving a Text Message from us will cost you the same as receiving any other text message and we are not responsible, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless, for any charges that you receive from your phone service provider. Email and Text Message Alert services are only available on the Personalized Card.
12. Collection of Negative Balances. In addition to the limits set forth in above, the balance of prepaid funds available on the Card limits your use of the Card for purchases. Therefore, you may complete transactions only up to the available balance on the Card, and you should expect that any transaction in an amount that exceeds your available Card balance will be rejected. In the event of a completed transaction or Card use fee that results in a negative balance on the Card, you acknowledge and agree that we may collect the amount of the negative balance, plus any applicable fees, and you agree to promptly repay the negative balance. If you fail to do so, we shall have the right to initiate collection proceedings against you in compliance with applicable law. Any amounts owed by you may be deducted from the Card balance immediately upon your next Card reload.
13. Your Responsibilities. In addition to your responsibilities outlined elsewhere in this Agreement, you are responsible for the following:
- You must maintain value on the Card to pay for each transaction and all applicable fees. If you attempt a transaction for more than the value available on the Card, the transaction may be declined.
- You agree that we may deduct the amount of your transactions and applicable fees, and any other amounts you owe us in connection with any Temporary Card or Personalized Card, directly from the balance of the Card.
- You must pay us immediately on demand if, for any reason, the Card does not have a sufficient balance to cover the amount of a transaction and any amounts owed to us.
- You will not authorize anyone else to use the Card, or transfer the Card to anyone. You are not permitted to resell the Card.
- You will not use the Card in an illegal reload or purchase transaction.
- You will take reasonable steps to protect the security and confidentiality of the PIN you select for the Card. Your PIN number should never be shared with anyone.
- You will notify us right away if you believe the Card or PIN has been lost or stolen or that someone has used or may use the Card or PIN without your permission. You can notify us by calling 1-866-265-8419 or writing to us at Our Mail Address.
- You agree to cooperate with us in our investigation of any possible unauthorized use, loss, or theft of the Card.
Our Right of Set-Off. You agree that we are authorized at any time to set-off the funds stored on the Card against your debts or liabilities owed to us. We may exercise this right of set-off without notice to you.
14. Your Liability for Unauthorized Use of Your Personalized Card or PIN. Tell us AT ONCE if you believe your Personalized Card or PIN has been lost or stolen. Telephoning is the best way of notifying us. You may call us toll-free at 1-866-265-8419 or by writing us at Our Mail Address. Your liability for an unauthorized electronic fund transfer or a series of related unauthorized transfers shall be determined as follows:
(1)Timely notice given. If you notify us within two business days after learning of the loss or theft of the Card, your liability shall not exceed the lesser of $50 or the amount of unauthorized transfers that occur before notice to us.
(2)Timely notice not given. If you fail to notify us within two business days after learning of the loss or theft of the Card, your liability shall not exceed the lesser of $500 or the sum of:
(i) $50 or the amount of unauthorized transfers that occur within the two business days, whichever is less; and
(ii) The amount of unauthorized transfers that occur after the close of two business days and before notice to us, provided we establish that these transfers would not have occurred had you notified the us within that two-day period.
(3)Periodic statement; timely notice not given. You must report an unauthorized electronic fund transfer that appears on your Card statement within 60 days of our posting your statement online or sending the statement to you either by email or by US Postal mail in order to avoid liability for subsequent transfers. If you fail to do so, your liability shall not exceed the amount of the unauthorized transfers that occur after the close of the 60 days and before notice to us, and that we establish that the unauthorized transfers would not have occurred had you notified us within the 60-day period. You may also be liable for other amounts set forth in paragraphs (1) or (2) of this section, as applicable.
(4) Sharing the Card or your PIN. If you share your PIN or your Card account number with another person, use of your Card account by that person may be considered as authorized by you.
15. Issuance of Replacement Cards; Lost or Stolen Cards. If your Temporary Card, Personalized Card, or Recharge Card is lost, stolen, or used improperly, contact us immediately, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by calling us toll-free at 1-866-265-8419. You will be asked to provide us with the applicable Card number and other identifying information including your purchase receipt. If you provide the requested identifying information and our records show that you have available funds on your lost or stolen Card, we will cancel the Card and refund such available funds to you by either sending a replacement card and deducting the applicable fee set forth in Section 17 or by sending you a refund check. The refund will not be made for 30 days after you report your Card lost or stolen to assure that all transactions have been processed properly. We reserve the right in our sole discretion, to determine whether to issue a replacement for your Card. If we decide not to issue a replacement for your Card after it has been reported as lost or stolen, we will issue a check for the unused prepaid value represented by your Card balance and send it to you by mail after thirty (30) days following the date on which the loss or theft of your Card was reported to us.
16. Fees. You agree to pay all fees associated with the Card. We will automatically deduct the applicable fees listed below from the Card balance. You hereby acknowledge and agree that these fees are subject to change by posting at our website or other notice to you and become effective on the later of 10 days after the date of the notice or the effective date specified in the notice unless you Cancel your Card in accordance with Section 28. Please visit us at www.KPFprepaid.com for a current fee schedule. If you use your Card after notice is provided, you are agreeing to the change.
List of Fees
Monthly Maintenance Fee
Cash Back at Point of Sale
ATM Withdraw – Domestic*
ATM Balance Inquiry – Domestic*
ATM Withdraw – International*
ATM Balance Inquiry – International*
Paper Statements (if requested)
|N/A||$1.00 per month|
Cancellation Fee and Check Close-out
Email or Text Message Alert**
PIN or Signature Transactions***
Live Agent Customer Service Calls
Monthly Inactivity Fee Beginning on the 13th Month Following 12 Consecutive Months Without a Transaction
2-Way Text Message Balance Inquiry**
Lost or Stolen Card Reissue – Standard
Emergency Card Replacement****
* When you use an ATM, you may be charged a fee by the ATM operator
in addition to applicable fees set forth in this Section (and you may be charged
a fee for a balance inquiry even if you do not complete a fund transfer).
** There is no charge from us for an Email or Text Message Alert. However, standard text messaging rates from your phone service provider may apply if you sign up for this service and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless, for any charges that you receive from your phone service provider. You may also send us text messages and receive up to five free Text Message Balance Inquiries per calendar month; a fee of $0.08 will apply for each Inbound Text Inquiry. Email and Text Message Alert services are only available on the Personalized Card.
*** We charge a fee of 2% of the dollar amount of each transaction that you make in a country other than the United States, whether or not the transaction was in a foreign currency.
**** You must call customer service to initiate an Emergency Card Replacement. Your new card will be delivered within 3-5 business days.
17. Refunds and Merchant Disputes. If you use the Card and are entitled to a refund from a merchant for any reason, you agree to accept a credit from the merchant to the Card instead of a cash refund, if the merchant does not provide cash refunds. You will settle all disputes about purchases you make using the Card with the merchant who honored the Card. We are not responsible for the delivery, quality, safety, or legality of goods or services that you purchase from others with the Card.
18. FDIC Insurance; No Interest Paid. Amounts that you load or reload on your Personalized Card are insured by the FDIC up to the maximum amount provided by applicable law. You will not receive any interest for the value on your Temporary Card or Personalized Card (the interest rate and Annual Percentage Yield are 0%). The funds used to load value onto the Card will be held in a pooled account on deposit with RBS Citizens, N.A., a national banking association headquartered in Providence, Rhode Island. The governing laws relating to this pooled account are federal law, and the laws of Rhode Island except to the extent superseded by federal law. The pooled account will be titled in the name of "KPF as Custodian for GPR Cardholders" for you and other card holders. Your fractional interest in the pooled account will be tracked by and noted on the records of RBS Citizens, N.A. for your benefit. This pooled account is not subject to any fees, but the value of the Card may be subject to the fees disclosed in this Agreement.
19. Authorizations and Authorization Holds. When you use the Card to pay for goods or services, certain merchants may ask us to authorize the transaction in advance and may estimate its final value. When we authorize the transaction, we commit to make the requested funds available when the transaction finally settles and may place a temporary hold on the Card's funds for the amount indicated by the merchant. Some merchants may also add an additional amount to ensure that sufficient funds will be available to cover the final transaction (such as an estimated tip). If the amount of the authorization request exceeds the value on the Card, the transaction may be declined. Transactions at certain merchants that authorize high dollar amounts, especially rental car companies, fuel centers, and hotels, may cause an "authorization" or a "hold" on your available balance for a period ranging from 3 days (e.g., for fuel centers) to up to 90 days (e.g., for car rentals) depending on the merchant. Until the transaction finally settles or we determine that it is unlikely to be processed, the funds subject to the hold will not be available to you for other purposes. We will only charge the Card for the correct amount of the final transaction. We will release any excess amount when the transaction finally settles. Please note that we may not manually release authorizations without written instruction from the merchant that is acceptable to us. In addition, if you commence a purchase and the merchant obtains an authorization, and then you cancel the purchase without completing it, the authorization may result in a temporary hold for that amount of funds for 10 days, or longer in some cases.
20. Sharing Information About You. We will disclose information to third parties about the Card or the transactions, loads, and reloads you make:
- Where it is necessary for completing transactions, loads, or reloads;
- To The Kroger Co, for purposes of the Rewards Program;
- In order to verify the existence and condition of the Card for a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant;
- In order to comply with government agency or court orders;
- If you give us express permission; or
21. Obtaining Card Information. You may obtain information about the amount of value you have remaining on the Card by calling 1-866-265-8419. This information, along with at least a 60-day history of card transactions and reloads, is also available on-line at www.KPFprepaid.com. You also have the right to obtain a 60-day written history of Card transactions and reloads by calling 1-866-265-8419, or by writing us at Our Mail Address. You can make balance inquires at participating ATMs, subject to applicable fees, or by calling us toll-free at 1-866-265-8419 or visiting us online at www.KPFprepaid.com. You can get a receipt at the time you make any transaction or load with the Card at an ATM or point-of-sale terminal if it is functioning properly.
22. Periodic Statements for Personalized Cards. You may ask to receive periodic paper statements for your Personalized Card by calling us at 1-866-265-8419 or on-line at www.KPFprepaid.com and you will be charged for paper statements in accordance with Section 17 until paper statements are turned off by you. However, we reserve the right to stop sending regular periodic statements if your Personalized Card has been Inactive for at least 60 days.
23. Our Liability with Respect to the Card. If we do not complete a load or reload to, or transaction from the Card on time or in the correct amount according to the terms of this Agreement, we will be responsible for your losses or damages to the extent required by applicable federal law. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable, for instance: (a) if, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money available on the Card to make the transaction; (b) if the ATM, bank, or merchant where you are trying to obtain cash does not have enough cash; (c) if the system, ATM or POS terminal was not working properly and you knew about the break-down before you started the transaction, load, or reload; (d) if the failure was caused by an Act of God, fire or other catastrophe, or by an electrical or computer failure or if any other cause beyond our control shall prevent or delay the transaction, load, or reload from being completed, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken; (e) if you attempt to use a Card that has not been properly activated; or (f) if the Card has been reported as lost or stolen, has been suspended by us, or we have reason to believe a transaction was not authorized by you. There also may be other exceptions stated in this Agreement or provided by applicable law. In any case, we shall only be liable for actual proven damages if the failure to make the transaction, load, or reload on time or in the correct amount resulted from an unintentional and bona fide error despite our procedures to avoid such errors.
24. Foreign Transactions. If the Card is used in a transaction that is submitted to Visa in a currency other than U.S. dollars, Visa will convert the transaction amount into U.S. dollars using its currency conversion procedure. Under the currency conversion procedure that Visa currently uses, the non-U.S. dollar transaction amount is converted into a U.S. dollar amount by multiplying the transaction amount in the non-U.S. dollar currency by a currency conversion rate. The currency conversion rate that Visa typically uses is either a government-mandated rate, or a wholesale rate provided to Visa. The currency conversion rate that Visa uses for a particular transaction is the rate Visa uses for the applicable currency when the transaction is processed. This rate may differ from the rate in effect when the transaction occurred or when it was posted to the Card, and may be higher than the rate you could have gotten if you had converted U.S. dollars into cash. If a transaction initially in a foreign currency is converted to U.S. dollars before it is entered into the Visa, the conversion rates and fees of the company that did the conversion will apply. In addition, we charge a fee of 2% of the dollar amount of each transaction that you make in a country other than the United States, whether or not the transaction was in a foreign currency.
25. Error Resolution. In case of errors or questions about your electronic transfers on the Card, call us at 1-866-265-8419, or write us at: Our Mail Address, Attn: Error Resolution Department as soon as you can if you think your statement or receipt is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer listed on your statement or receipt. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we FIRST posted online or delivered to you via email or US Postal service the statement on which the problem or error appeared. You may request a written history of your transactions and reloads at any time by calling us at 1-866-265-8419 or writing us at Our Mail Address. Whether calling or writing you must:
(a) tell us your name and Card number;
(b) describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information; and
(c) tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days. We will determine whether an error occurred within 10 business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your Card within 10 business days for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we may not credit the Card.
For errors involving a new Card, point-of-sale, or foreign-initiated transactions, we may take up to 90 days to investigate your complaint or question. For a new Card, we may take up to 20 business days to credit the Card account for the amount you think is in error.
We will tell you the results within three business days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
26. Termination; Expiration. We may, at any time, suspend the Card and your ability to use the Card, for any reason allowed by law, such as if we suspect possible fraud or suspicious activity, or for security reasons. We may, at any time and for any reason, terminate a Card and your use of the Card. We will provide notice of termination where required by applicable law. The Card will expire on any expiration date on the Card unless prohibited by federal law. There is no expiration date on your Temporary Card. We reserve the right to terminate the Card after 6-months without a transaction if your Card balance is zero or less. Upon termination or expiration, we may stop accepting reloads to and/or transactions from the Card and we may decline to authorize a transaction with the Card. If we terminate the Card or it expires and we do not provide a substitute or replacement card, upon your request we will return to you any value remaining on the Card unless we are prohibited by law from doing so. You remain responsible for any use of the Card even after the Card is terminated or expires. Upon terminating the Card, we will return any available balance on the Card, less any fees, service charges, claims, setoffs, or other amounts you owe us, if applicable. To the extent permitted by law, you agree to pay attorneys' fees and collection costs we incur in collecting amounts you owe us and of enforcing our rights under this Agreement.
27. Cancellation. If you want to cancel the Card, please call our customer service line at 1-866-265-8419. Upon cancellation of your Temporary Card, you must exhaust the funds on the Card until it has a zero balance (no cash refund is available). Upon cancellation of your Personalized Card, we will continue to honor transactions you have made up until your Card cancellation is processed in accordance with this Agreement which may take up to forty-five (45) days following the cancellation of your Card, during which regular fees will apply. You will forfeit all accrued, unpaid and unredeemed Kroger 1-2-3 Rewards Program points if the Card account is closed for any reason (other than as a result of a lost or stolen Card, in which case all accrued rewards will be applied to the replacement card). In the event of Cardholder fraud, abuse of the Card Program privileges, or violation of this Agreement (for example, any attempt to sell, exchange, or transfer points or any instrument exchangeable for points), RBS Citizens, N.A., in its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel your participation in the Card Program.
28. Changes; Waiver, Other Conditions. We reserve the right to change, delete or add to this Agreement and to apply any such modification to a Card that has been issued to you and to any available balance on the Card. We will provide you notice of any such modification as required by applicable law. You hereby agree to accept all legally required notices by electronic means including posting on our website or, at our election, by e-mail or U.S. postal mail. You hereby acknowledge and agree that all notices or modifications to this Agreement may be made by posting at our website or other notice to you and become effective on the later of 10 days after the date of the notice or the effective date specified in the notice unless you Cancel your Card in accordance with Section 27. If you use your Card after such notice or modification is provided, you are agreeing to the change. Please visit us at www.KPFprepaid.com for our current Terms and Conditions. If we decide not to enforce our rights or charge a fee in one situation, we are not giving up our right to enforce it or to charge the fee in a later situation.
29. Choice of Law. This Agreement and all aspects of your relationship with us with regard to the Card are governed by and construed in accordance with federal law and, to the extent that state law applies, the laws of the State of Rhode Island, without regard to the choice of law provisions in that state.
30. Additional Terms. (a) Our business days are Monday through Friday, except for federal holidays as determined by the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago. (b) Kroger Family of Stores shopper's card number is printed on the back of your Personalized Card. (c) You authorize us, or our agents, to record or monitor your customer service calls with us and our servicers or agents. (d) You will notify us promptly if you change your address or telephone number. (e) We may transfer any of our rights or obligations to you under this Agreement; however, you may not transfer any of your rights or obligations hereunder. (f) If any provision of this Agreement is determined to be void or unenforceable, all other provisions of this Agreement shall remain valid and enforceable. (g) This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and us relating to the Card and supersedes any other prior or contemporaneous agreements between you and us. (h) Use of a Card is subject to all rules and customs of Visa and any other clearinghouse or network involved in the transaction, load, or reload. (i) You are responsible for any personal tax liability related to participation in the Card Program or as a result of points earned or redeemed. (j) The Card Program is void where prohibited by law.
31. ARBITRATION APPLICABLE TO THE CARD PROGRAM. PLEASE READ THIS ARBITRATION PROVISION CAREFULLY. IT PROVIDES THAT ANY PAST, PRESENT OR FUTURE LEGAL DISPUTE OR CLAIM OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING STATUTORY AND COMMON LAW CLAIMS AND CLAIMS FOR EQUITABLE RELIEF, THAT RELATE IN ANY WAY TO THE CARD PROGRAM OR YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH US, OR WITH KPF, LLC (ALSO KNOWN AS KROGER PERSONAL FINANCE), THE KROGER CO., OR THEIR AFFILIATES IN CONNECTION WITH THE CARD PROGRAM ("CLAIM") WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING ARBITRATION IF EITHER YOU, WE, KROGER PERSONAL FINANCE OR THE KROGER CO. (OR, IF NAMED AS A CO-PARTY WITH US, ANY SERVICER) ELECTS TO ARBITRATE.
- Arbitration of Dispute.In the event of any controversy, claim or dispute between the parties arising out of or relating to this Agreement or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof, including the termination of the scope or applicability of this Agreement to arbitrate (collectively, a "Claim"), such Claim shall be determined by binding arbitration conducted in Providence, State of Rhode Island or in the county in which you reside, in accordance with federal laws without regard to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and only to the extent state law is applicable, the laws of the State of Rhode Island or agreements to be made in and to be performed in Rhode Island. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we will not elect arbitration if you bring a Claim in Rhode Island small claims court. The parties agree, the arbitration shall be administered by the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") pursuant to its rules and procedures and an arbitrator shall be selected by the AAA. The arbitrator shall be neutral and independent and shall comply with the AAA code of ethics. The award rendered by the arbitrator shall be final and shall not be subject to vacation or modification. Judgment on the award made by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction over the parties. If either party fails to comply with the arbitrator's award, the injured party may petition the court for enforcement. The parties agree that either party may bring claims against the other only in his/her or its individual capacity and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative proceeding. Further, the parties agree that the arbitrator may not consolidate proceedings of more than one person's claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of representative or class proceeding. The parties shall share the cost of arbitration, including attorneys' fees, equally. If your share of the cost is greater than $1,000 (One-thousand dollars), we may elect to pay your share of costs in excess of that amount. In the event a party fails to proceed with arbitration, unsuccessfully challenges the arbitrator's award, or fails to comply with the arbitrator's award, the other party is entitled to costs of suit, including a reasonable attorney's fee for having to compel arbitration or defend or enforce the award.
- Binding Arbitration means that both parties give up the right to a trial by a jury. It also means that both parties give up the right to appeal from the arbitrator's ruling except for a narrow range of issues that can or may be appealed under applicable federal or Rhode Island law. It also means that discovery may be severely limited by the arbitrator.
- IMPORTANT LIMITATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS: THIS BINDING ARBITRATION AGREEMENT MEANS THAT NEITHER YOU NOR WE WILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO: (1) HAVE A COURT OR A JURY DECIDE THE CLAIM; (2) ENGAGE IN DISCOVERY (I.E., THE RIGHT TO OBTAIN INFORMATION FROM THE OTHER PARTY) TO THE SAME EXTENT THAT YOU OR WE COULD IN COURT; (3) PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION IN COURT OR IN ARBITRATION, EITHER AS A CLASS REPRESENTATIVE OR A CLASS MEMBER; (4) ACT AS A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL IN COURT OR IN ARBITRATION; OR (5) JOIN OR CONSOLIDATE YOUR CLAIMS(S) WITH CLAIMS OF ANY OTHER PERSON.
- This arbitration provision will survive the termination of the Card and the Card relationship and will remain in force no matter what happens to you or the Card. If the administrator's rules conflict with the rules described in this provision, this provision will apply.
32. Kroger 1-2-3 Rewards Program Summary. You are automatically enrolled in the Kroger 1-2-3 Rewards Program when your Personalized Card is activated. The 1-2-3 Rewards Program is only available on the Personalized Card. The 1-2-3 Rewards Program account associated with your Personalized Card is separate from any other 1-2-3 Rewards Program account you may have, including with your 1-2-3 Rewards MasterCard, and points cannot be combined across more than one account. The 1-2-3 Rewards Program is operated by The Kroger Co. and by activating your Personalized Card, you thereby authorize RBS Citizens, N.A. and The Kroger Co. to share your Cardholder registration, Card activity, and 1-2-3 Rewards Program information between each other and their authorized providers of the 1-2-3 Rewards Program. You earn between 1-3 points on eligible purchases made with your Personalized Card.* Accumulated points are exchanged for 1-2-3 Rewards Electronic Rewards Coupons. Your 1-2-3 Rewards Electronic Rewards Coupons are redeemable by you for qualifying purchases at the Kroger Family of Stores** locations on purchases greater than $5 made with your Personalized Card. Rewards are not available for purchases made with your Temporary Card. There are no limits on the amount of Rewards points you can earn. Electronic Coupons will be awarded monthly when you have earned a minimum of 1,000 Rewards points (Electronic Coupon for $5 off a qualifying Kroger Family of Stores purchase), if your Account is in good standing. Enrollment in the Kroger 1-2-3 Rewards Program also enrolls you in the shopper's club programs of the Kroger Family of Stores listed below, as applicable. The Kroger 1-2-3 Rewards Program is administered by The Kroger Co. and the shopper's club programs are offered by their respective stores. Rewards coupons may only be redeemed towards an in-store purchase at participating Kroger Family of Stores locations.
32.1 Determination of Rewards Coupons and Rewards Levels. The amount of your Personalized Card purchases for The Kroger Co. in-store purchases, non-in-store purchases, and in-store Kroger Family quality brand purchases*** will be used to determine your eligibility for Rewards points. Kroger 1-2-3 Rewards and eligibility requirements are set forth in this Section and on our website at www.KPFprepaid.com. For purposes of earning Rewards points, your Card functions as both a Kroger Family of Stores Shoppers Card and a Personalized Card.
32.2 Earning Rewards Points. Rewards points are earned as follows:
Rewards Points Per Eligible Purchase*
1 point per dollar spent on all Purchases outside the Kroger Family of Stores**
2 points per dollar spent on all Purchases inside the Kroger Family of Stores**
3 points per dollar spent on all Purchases of the Kroger Family of Stores Own Brand Products***
32.3 Issuance and Redemption. After each eligible purchase, you will accrue Kroger 1-2-3 Rewards points based on that purchase. No Electronic Rewards Coupon will be issued to you until your accrued Rewards points equals or exceeds the points necessary to receive a $5 Kroger in-store Electronic Rewards Coupon, at which time, unless your Card account has been closed, a Rewards Coupon will be available on your Personalized Card. You will be notified that a coupon has been awarded by your cashier so long as your eligible purchase is equal to or exceeds the amount of your coupon. If applicable, you may also choose to be notified either by Email message or text message (standard text messaging rates will apply). However, you have no right to accrued Rewards points in an amount of less than the amount necessary to receive a $5 coupon. For full details on earning, receiving and using your Electronic Coupons, visit www.KPFprepaid.com or call 1-866-265-8419. Kroger 1-2-3 Rewards Program points expire 24 months from the month issued. If you have accumulated sufficient points to receive an Electronic Rewards Coupon, the coupon will expire 12 months from the coupon issue date. Reward points redeemed and/or expired, if applicable, will be based on a first-in, first-out basis. Electronic Rewards Coupons have NO CASH VALUE and can be redeemed towards qualifying purchases only.* Rewards are not considered your property and are not transferable.
* You can not earn nor redeem 1-2-3 Rewards Points/Electronic Coupons on purchases made at the Kroger Family of Stores Fuel Centers, on purchases of lottery tickets, Gift Cards, Money Orders, ReCharge Card, prescriptions, on any applicable fees or taxes, or when you purchase alcohol or tobacco at a Kroger Family of Stores location. Upon a refund or return of merchandise, we will deduct any Rewards points that you had previously earned for that purchase and negative points will post on the Card if returns or credits exceed Rewards points earned. Rewards points may not be purchased. The number of points you can earn in a calendar year is unlimited. Rewards points earned will be credited to the Card on a monthly basis. If you provide an email address when registering to view your account online, you will be sent a monthly e-statement notification by email when your points are updated. The email will also contain a link to the web site where you can view your current point balance. Email addresses and statement preferences can be updated by visiting the web site.
** Kroger Family of Stores may include Kroger, Kroger Marketplace, Fred Meyer, Ralphs, King Soopers, Dillons, Smith's Food & Drug Stores, Smith's Marketplace, Fry's Food and Drug Store, Fry's Marketplace, QFC - Quality Food Centers, City Market, Baker's, Owen's, JayC Food Stores, Hilander, Gerbes, Pay Less Super Markets, Food4Less (So CA, NV, IN, and IL stores only), Foods Co, Fred Meyer Jewelers, Littman Jewelers, and Barclay Jewelers. For an up-to-date list of participating stores, visit www.kroger.com.
*** Kroger Family of Stores Own Brand Products may include, but are not limited to Kroger, King Soopers, Smith's, Ralphs, Fry's, Dillons, MotoTech, Private Selection, Big K, Everyday Living, HD Designs, Holiday Home, Naturally Preferred, Buena Comida, First Choice, Office Works, Comforts, FMV, Pet Pride, Nice n Strong, Nice n Soft, Nice n Elegant, Meals Made Simple, Your Deli Connection, Mountain Dairy/Country Club, Old Fashioned, Cool Classics, and Golden Crown.
32.4 Changes to, or Termination of, the 1-2-3 Rewards Program. The 1-2-3 Rewards Program may be changed, suspended or terminated at any time without notice. Changes may include, among other things, modifying the amount of purchases required to qualify for the various potential Rewards tiers, changing the Rewards percentages, imposing additional restrictions, or terminating the 1-2-3 Rewards Program, including outstanding Rewards points and Electronic Rewards Coupons. The Kroger Co. reserves the right to interpret 1-2-3 Rewards Program rules and policies in its sole discretion and will be the final authority on point credits and Rewards qualifications.
32.5 Liability. You (and any other beneficiary of the Rewards Program) agree that the 1-2-3 Rewards Program is provided without representation or warranty to the extent permitted by applicable law and that neither RBS Citizens, N.A., The Kroger Co., nor Kroger Personal Finance will be liable for, and you release, discharge, and hold harmless RBS Citizens, N.A., The Kroger Co., and Kroger Personal Finance and anyone who acted on behalf of RBS Citizens, N.A., The Kroger Co., or Kroger Personal Finance, from any and all claims of any sort, type, kind, or nature that you may have against any of them arising out of or in any way relating to your participation in the 1-2-3 Rewards Programincluding (but not limited to) claims for or due to personal injury, property damage, accident, sickness, delay, cancellation, postponement, inconvenience, penalty, refund, or other irregularities that may occur or that may be caused by any provider of services or rewards or any person not under the direct supervision and control of RBS Citizens, N.A., The Kroger Co., or Kroger Personal Finance. In the event of any error or omission in the handling of 1-2-3 Rewards Program data, your sole and exclusive remedy shall be the reprocessing of such data to reflect the correct Rewards points balance in your account.
32.6 Arbitration. Please note that any claims related in any way to the 1-2-3 Rewards Program are subject to the arbitration provisions above.
32.7 Choice of Law. The Kroger 1-2-3 Rewards Program terms and conditions in this Section 33 are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio, without regard to the choice of law provisions in that state.
The Kroger Visa Prepaid Debit Card with 1-2-3 Rewards is issued by RBS Citizens, N.A. pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. and is only available to residents of the United States. Kroger Personal Finance manages and administers the Card Program add the Cards are sold by The Kroger Co. as authorized sales agent for RBS Citizens, N.A.
RESPONSIBLE USE AND PROTECTION OF CUSTOMER INFORMATION
EFFECTIVE OCTOBER 1, 2009
RBS Citizens, N.A. is the issuer of your Kroger Visa® prepaid debit card. In this notice, we will refer to your prepaid debit card (including any temporary card, personalized card or ReCharge Card as the Card. Kroger Personal Finance is a joint venture between The Kroger Co. and Citizens Financial Group, Inc. Kroger Personal Finance is responsible for the operation and administration of the 123 Rewards® benefits program (the "Rewards Program") and provides the Rewards Program benefits and services described in the Card agreement you received when you purchased your Card. In this notice, when we refer to we, our, or us, we mean RBS Citizens, N.A.
Your trust is our most important asset, which is why one of our foremost responsibilities to you is the safekeeping of your Information and the use of your Information in a responsible way. Appropriate use of your Information is also at the heart of our ability to provide you with exceptional customer service whenever you contact us.
This notice applies to the Card issued in connection with the Rewards Program offered by The Kroger Co. RBS Citizens, N.A. has a separate privacy notice for its other card products, and other entities within our family of companies have separate privacy notices. This notice enables you to make an informed decision about our sharing and use of Information within our family of companies and nonaffiliated third parties. Our family of companies are those banks and companies controlled by Citizens Financial Group, Inc.
The following companies are within the Citizens Financial Group family of companies: Citizens Bank of Pennsylvania, RBS Citizens, N.A. which does business through its divisions, including Citizens Bank, Charter One, and CCO Mortgage, KPF Mortgage, LLC, Southeast Mortgage Group, LLC, Complete Mortgage, LLC, First NH Mortgage Corp., Citizens Automobile Finance, Inc., Citizens Automobile Finance Corp., CCO Investment Services Corp., Citizens Financial Services Insurance Agency, Inc., Citizens Insurance Agency of New York, Inc., RI Realty Trust, Inc., Citizens Auto Receivables, LLC, KPF, LLC (also known as Kroger Personal Finance) and other banks or companies that may be acquired or established from time to time.
We are committed to providing you with exceptional personal service and to safeguarding your Information. The following is our continuing commitment to the responsible use and protection of your Information:
COLLECTION, USE, AND RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We limit the collection, use, and retention of your Information to what we believe is necessary to administer our business, to provide you with exceptional quality service, to comply with requirements regarding the retention of your Information, and to make available to you other accounts, services, and opportunities that may be of benefit or interest to you. For example, your Information may be used to improve our accounts and services or the way we are able to deliver them to you, to evaluate your eligibility for a loan or other service, to protect you from fraud, or to create specific offers for you.
We may collect Information about you from the following sources, such as:
• Information we receive from you on applications, forms, or other Information that you provide to usfor example, your telephone number, or your social security number;
• Information we obtain at your requestfor example, Information that we need to complete a transaction that you authorized;
• Information about your transactions and experiences with ussuch as purchases, Card balances, or Card usage;
• Information we receive from external sources, including from consumer reporting agencies;
• Information from your browser about your Internet usage when you visit our website;
• Information we receive from others, including public sources;
• Information from The Kroger Co. regarding your use of the Rewards Program; or
• Information from The Kroger Co. and its affiliates regarding your participation in and use of the Rewards Program and the Shopper's Card program.
OUR PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
The security of your Information is important to us. We maintain physical safeguards, such as shredding documents and securing buildings, electronic safeguards, such as encryption and monitoring, and procedural safeguards, such as customer authentication procedures, to guard your Information against unauthorized access or use. We limit the access by our employees and agents to Information that we believe is reasonably necessary to maintain your Card, to complete a transaction that you authorized, or otherwise meet your needs. Our employees are subject to a corporate code of ethics and other policies that require maintaining the confidentiality of Information. You have a role in helping us by safeguarding your Information from others and by reviewing your statements promptly.
How to contact us: If you suspect someone has made unauthorized transactions on your Card or any account you have with us or if you believe that any Information about you is not accurate, please call us any time at 1-888-311-0862.
SHARING INFORMATION WITH KROGER PERSONAL FINANCE AND KROGER AND ITS AFFILIATES
To enable us to provide you the Card and Rewards Program benefits and services you requested when you purchased your Card, we will share Information regarding your Card with Kroger Personal Finance and, as permitted by law and the terms of the Rewards Program, with The Kroger Co. and its affiliates. This Information allows Kroger Personal Finance to provide you with the Rewards Program and other benefits pursuant to the Rewards Program terms provided to you when you registered your Card. Kroger Personal Finance and Kroger and its affiliates will also use this Information to offer you additional promotions, enhanced rewards offers and other opportunities to earn rewards in the Rewards Program from time to time.
SHARING INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES OUTSIDE OUR FAMILY OF COMPANIES
We may share your Information, as permitted by law, for example:
• With third parties that help us provide products or services to you, such as data processors that work for us, mail companies, or software vendors;
• With third parties that assist us in marketing our accounts and services;
• With other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements to enhance our financial product or service offerings, such as credit insurance providers;
• With insurance companies that underwrite insurance we arrange for our customers;
• With consumer reporting agencies;
• With third parties that process or service a financial product, service, program, or transaction that you requested or authorized;
• With third parties that process, service, or administer affinity or rewards programs that you enrolled in;
• To respond to a subpoena, court order, or judicial process;
• To pursue a sale, merger, or transfer of all or a portion of a business or operating unit;
• To our regulators and auditors;
• To protect against or prevent fraud, manage risk, or resolve customer disputes; or,
• With a third party with which you specifically authorize us to share the Information.
We may also share your Information with other companies outside our family of companies to extend special offers for non-financial products or services that we feel might be of value to you. You may tell us not to share your Information with these companies by selecting Option 1 on our Privacy Choices Form or contacting us in the ways that we have outlined in that form.
Whenever other companies or third parties provide services for us or on our behalf, we require them by contract to maintain the confidentiality of the Information that we provide them.
SHARING AND USING INFORMATION WITHIN OUR FAMILY OF COMPANIES
We may share your Information within our family of companies, as permitted by law. For example, we have centralized processing areas that may service your account, make credit decisions or prepare statements for a number of companies or business divisions. We may also share Information about you when considering a request from you for additional services, to protect against fraud, or when exercising our rights under the law or any agreement with you.
We are permitted by law to share within our family of companies Information that we gather internally from our transactions and experiences with you, such as your name, address, account balance and transaction history.
We may also share within our family of companies other credit-related Information that we obtain from external sources, such as Information relating to your creditworthiness and other Information gathered from credit applications and credit reports. You have the right to tell us not to share this application and credit-related Information within our family of companies by selecting Option 2 on our Privacy Choices Form or contacting us in the ways that we have outlined in that form.
LIMITING USE OF YOUR INFORMATION FOR MARKETING WITHIN OUR FAMILY OF COMPANIES
You have the right to limit some but not all marketing within our family of companies. Federal law also requires us to give you this notice to tell you about your choice to limit marketing from our affiliates. Your choice to limit the use of this Information within our family of companies does not apply to any Citizens Financial Group company that has an existing business relationship with you, where the use is otherwise permitted by law, or to Information collected prior to October 1, 2008. You may limit our affiliates (such as our affiliated insurance agencies, securities broker-dealer and banks) from marketing their products or services to you based on your Information that we collect and share with them. This Information may include, among other things, your income, account or transaction history, and credit score.
Your choice to limit marketing offers from our family of companies will apply for at least five years from when you tell us your choice. Once that period expires, you will receive a renewal notice that will allow you to continue to limit marketing offers from our family of companies for at least another five years.
You may instruct us not to use this Information within our family of companies for marketing purposes by selecting Option 3 on our Privacy Choices Form or contacting us in the ways that we have outlined in that form.
If you ask us to limit the sharing of Information or use of that Information for marketing within our family of companies, you may miss learning of financial products or services that may be of interest to you.
FOR VERMONT RESIDENTS ONLY
If you are a Vermont resident, we will automatically consider that you have selected all three options on the Privacy Choices Form. You will not be required to return the Privacy Choices Form for these elections to apply. In addition, if we do disclose Information about you to other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements (as described in "Sharing Information with Third Parties Outside our Family of Companies"), we will only disclose your name, contact information and information about your transactions.
FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS ONLY
If you are a California resident, we will automatically consider that you have selected Option 1 on the Privacy Choices Form. Unless you specifically authorize us to do so, we will not disclose Information about you to unaffiliated third parties to market their non-financial products or services. You will not be required to return the Privacy Choices Form for this election to apply. In addition, if we do disclose Information about you to other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements (as described in "Sharing Information with Third Parties Outside our Family of Companies"), we will only disclose your name, contact information and information about your transactions.
FOR NEVADA RESIDENTS ONLY
Nevada law requires that we also provide you with the following contact information: Bureau of Consumer Protection, Office of the Nevada Attorney General, 555 West Washington Street, Suite 3900, Las Vegas, NV 89101; telephone number: 1-702-486-3132; email BCPINFO@ag.state.nv.us; Kroger Personal Finance, P.O. Box 42020, Providence, RI 02940-2020.
AMENDMENTS TO THIS NOTICE
This notice is accurate as of the date given and supersedes all previously issued confidentiality and Information-sharing disclosures. We reserve the right to change this notice, and any of the practices described in the notice, at any time upon proper notice to you.
YOUR COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS
We are committed to providing you with exceptional service and to ensuring your trust. If you have any questions regarding this notice, please call us toll-free at 1-888-311-0862, and a customer service representative will be pleased to answer your questions about our notice.
Thank you for being our customer.
1-2-3 REWARDS® Prepaid
ATTN: KPF Prepaid Customer Service
PO Box 7239
Sioux Falls, SD